Our mind in the Clouds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our mind in the Clouds

A private online roleplay group, made just for fun.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No n a m e

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rainbows

Rainbows

No n a m e Empty
PostSubject: No n a m e   No n a m e Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:02 am

NOBODY SHALL POOOOOST.

Besides me, obviously.

Here, I will later post my playlist of songs I listen to while writing this. <3
Back to top Go down
Rainbows

Rainbows

No n a m e Empty
PostSubject: Re: No n a m e   No n a m e Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:42 am

The boy stared ahead of him, on the cold, stone ground, arms wrapped around his knees, completely quiet. Lyss stared at the wall, his eyes bored, cold as the other children, several younger than him, sniffled and cried, as always. He was different, he didn't speak much to the others, he didn't like getting close to the others, knowing they would eventually be taken away from each other. By people, chances, and death.

He shivered lightly, instinctively squeezing his body, but then wincing in pain. He was always extremely injured, they always were. Skinny, dirty, starving, in pain, poor, it was what made them what they were. Poor, dirty, homeless kids. Orphans. Just, much worse. Several of the children he had known died recently. He wasn't close to them, obviously, but it still tugged at his emotions lightly, as it would do to anybody. It was hard not to care.

A small girl, maybe only two or three refused to stop crying, slowly beginning to give Lyss a headache. He glanced over at the girl slowly, wincing at the sharp, icy cold wind that blew in his face. He slowly got up, shakily standing up his legs. One of his ankles were horridly sprained, possibly broken. He limped over to an an older girl, who was urgently trying to hush the girl's crying. He sat on a upturned trash can, telling the older girl to be quiet, closing his eyes, thinking. He winced slightly, his body almost completely covered in nasty bruises and dried over cuts.

"Golden slumber kiss your eyes,
Smiles await you when you rise.
Sleep,
pretty baby,
Do not cry,
And I'll sing you a lullaby.

Care you know not,
Therefore sleep,
While I o'er you watch do keep.
Sleep,
pretty darling,
Do not cry,
And I will sing a lullaby.."

The boy sang the lullaby, smiling lightly as all the children stopped crying, and almost instantly calmed down. The young girl was now asleep, all the older kids sighing in happiness, but the silence was instantly interupted by a man running down the Alley way, eyes focused on Lyss.

"Hey, kid, you!" He said, pointing at Lyss. "Was that you singing just then?"

Lyss nodded slowly, his bright blond hair covered in dust and dirt, one eye swollen shut.

The man stared, blinking. "You're an orphan? Well, would you like to come with me, it'd be much better than this."

Lyss blinked, thinking for a moment before looking at the other's. They all smiled, and nodded, shooing him onward. The small boy smiled, nodding at the man. "Sure."

Back to top Go down

No n a m e
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our mind in the Clouds :: Chat and Share :: Stories-
Jump to: