Our mind in the Clouds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our mind in the Clouds

A private online roleplay group, made just for fun.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Lycan and the Blood-Sucker

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rawr

Rawr

Location : In a house, on a street, in a neighbourhood, you stalker.

The Lycan and the Blood-Sucker Empty
PostSubject: The Lycan and the Blood-Sucker   The Lycan and the Blood-Sucker Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 10:40 pm

Chapter One: The ABC of Growing Up

[Flashback, Nine Years Ago]

"Felicity Rhodes!" my mother said in a chastising tone, her stern gaze making me shrink slightly in my seat.
"Your meat is meant to be eaten, not played with!"

"Yes mum." I pouted, muttering a reluctant apology for flinging a piece of steak at my best friend, but not before pointing out that she started it by putting ice down the back of my shirt. Mum gave me an "I'm watching you" look, before turning back to her own meal, and I took that oppurtunity to turn and grin at Lily. She grinned back, her brilliant green eyes flashing with the same mishcievous gleam.

Lily Whinston. She's been my friend since forever. Well, more like seven and a half, because we were both seven and a half years old, but that also counted as "forever", right?

My mum gave us an indulgent smile, cuffing my ears gently. "Completely incorrigible, the both of you." she shook her head, before standing up and carrying her dishes to the sink.

Lily's fangs glistened in the dim kitchen lights as we both giggled at the word "incorrigible": We didn't know what it meant, but it sounded oddly funny.

"You girls go out and play for a bit," Mum turned to us, her expression firm, but gentle. "Don't let any of the day-walkers see you, you hear?"

"We won't!" Lily and I chorused, identical smiles on our faces as we stood up to put our dishes in the sink as well.

"You go ahead Lily, I'll catch up." I murmured to my black-haired friend of seven and a half years. She shrugged, before disappearing out of the back screen door.

I looked up at my mum as she quietly started to put the dishes in the rack. "Mum, when is dad going to come home?"

That question instantly made her freeze in horror. She bit her lip anxiously, her eyes not meeting my wide, curious ones.

"I told you, dear, he's on a business trip."

"But... But shouldn't he be home soon?"

There was a pregnant pause.

Mum gave me a small smile. "Don't be foolish, Felicity, he just left last week. Run along with Lily now, dear."

[End Flashback]
Back to top Go down

The Lycan and the Blood-Sucker
Page 1 of 1